I have been doing my own internet radio show for almost 7 years. It has become one of the main sources of income for me. One of the questions that everyone ask, is their money in having your own internet radio show? Here is an article I wrote about making money doing your own internet radio show.
Because of the new the availability of websites such as BlogTalkRadio, it’s now easy, affordable and lucrative to start and run your own internet radio station. I can think of many reasons why people would want to start their own internet radio network as a home based business. Here are five reasons off the top of my head that will help you to understand the value.
- Starting an online radio station of your own can require costly materials such as microphones, mixers, headphones, and a station website and server space, there are ways you can eliminate all of these costs and materials. By creating your own online radio show with BlogTalkRadio.com or a comparable platform, you can have your internet radio station up and running and earning you money within a matter of weeks for low cost.
- Once you have your own radio show, famous authors and speakers will tend to seek you out! When you’re a host of your own radio show, you’ll be able to invite all kinds of interesting and well-known people to be on your show. There are a number of services on the internet that will send you information on how to find all different types of guest.
- People buy products that are endorsed by famous and/or well known people! So, imagine that you’re doing your radio show on the internet; you take short commercial breaks, and a commercial plugs your new book, your services, and workshops. The next thing you know your bank account grows. Because you can utilize the endorsements, you will now have greater credibility to sell your products or services on your own radio show.
- With your own radio show you can use affiliates ads to get companies to buy sponsorships. You can join different affiliate programs and place banner ads on your website where your radio show is broadcasted from. The banners earn you money whenever they’re clicked or when the products sell. You can also promote affiliate products on your show, giving you an additional way to promote the product and increase your sales.
- The big money will eventually come from providing services and selling advertising. If you were on a normal radio platform, it might cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars to find and develop relationships with advertisers, and then create the ads for them. But, by being on the internet, social media, and through other PR techniques, you have a good amount of listeners and advertisers will find you. If you do decide to approach companies with an advertising proposal, all those listeners you’ve accumulated will help you impress your prospective advertiser.
Let’s look at the numbers. Say that your show is one hour long. Now you’re not talking for the whole hour, you’re interviewing guest and playing commercials in between talking segments. That’s where more money comes in for you. You can sell your advertising time for a few dollars. 60 second spots on shows are estimated at $1400.00.
We have set up our 60 second sponsor spots to be $250.00. (This is based on a 3 month agreement) That totals $750.00; we make sure that we sell 10 sponsorships per month. This
totals $7500.00 per quarter and brings in revenue of $30,000.00 per year. Note this is just one of the ways we create revenue from having our own Internet Radio Network.
As you can see there are actually thousands of reasons to starting your own internet radio network. If you have questions on this feel free to contact me.